Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Devil's Dream

I place the necklace on the dresser next to the bed with the rest of my jewelry. Slowly, I untie my shoe strings, slide them off and under the bed. I peel off my sweaty tank top, pants, undergarments and leave them on the floor. I stand there, completely naked for what seems like ages.

I take a seat in a chair I have never seem before, its fire engine red, with a tall an extremely tall back and lettering carved in it I can not read. Carefully, my long brown locks fall from a pony tail with out me ever lifting a hand. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, naked, hair laying peaceful on my shoulders, make up perfectly in tack and the only object lit in the whole room is myself and the red chair. 

Wind blows over my skin, sending chills up and down my entire body. My hands clasp together covering my breast. Now I sit, sit and sit for what feels like hours. Each movement I make at this point seems to be stopped in time. 

My feet try to gain balance on the floor so I can lay down, it must be three o clock at this point. 

But, I can’t move. There is an enormous amount of pressure on my shoulders holding my body to the chair. Normally I at this point I would panic and fill with rage. That was not the case. I just continued to sit there.

I could see it coming towards my face. The figure was black and see through. Oddly had no eyes or nose, but a mouth opened wide and full of black. My lips were closed tight. Tears streamed from eyes, down my cheeks and on my legs. Still I did not move.

The creature floated in mid air in front of my face, I am sure it was testing me. Shyly, it placed its cold hands on my face and then drug its cold fingers on to my lips. Every part of my body was aching and sweating. Aggressively the creature snatched onto my lips and began to pry my mouth open. 

Loudly, it moaned and groaned as it tried to shove itself down into mouth. Finally I was able to move. I pushed with every bit of might in my body to remove the creature. Air filled my lungs and I could not breath. I was choking to death.

“Just let it happen, you will find peace,” a voice rang from the far side of the room.

I searched for the man who spoke these words, hoping he would help me. Instead he briskly walked by me. The strange man’s face was so familiar. He did not have eyes, just black holes gaping with puss. He stood and watched and the creature tried harder to escape down my throat.

My chair was lifted off the floor and slammed back down repeatedly. This fight was a fight I would lose, I knew this. But I kept pushing, biting down, kicking my legs and trying to call for help.

Wildly, I flew out from under the covers and set straight up in my bed. After realizing the dream I had, I quickly laid down and hid my head under the covers. All my bed covers were soaking wet with sweat. I peeked my head from under the covers, the clock read 3:15 am. To scared to fall back asleep, to frightened to move out of bed, I laid  there hid under my covers till morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment